Monday, May 25, 2015

Recurring-ish dream

I had a dream today, which was pretty similar to ones I've had a couple times before. I don't know that's enough to count as "recurring," but there you go.

In the dream, I was in a house by the beach. Not sure if I lived in the house or was just visiting. The house wasn't right on the beach; closer to ~100 yards from the water. But there was nothing between the house and the water, just open space.

At some point, I'm looking out the window, and I notice the waves are really big. Like, unnaturally big. They're so big that they're actually coming close to the house. Eventually, they do make it up to the house, and some water gets in through the open door. The waves are still coming, so I close the door and watch through the window as the waves come up to the house. I don't feel alarmed at all by this; I just watch it and think it's interesting.

There were some other people in the house with me. Not my family, but they might have been standing in for my family. They apparently don't realize what's going on, so they leave doors open that let the water get in, and I feel annoyed at them and go close the doors.

Ultimately, the waves get bigger, and I look out the window and see an absolutely HUGE wave coming. Like, the kind of wave that might happen when a big asteroid crashes into the ocean a mile offshore. The wave gets closer, and it's obvious that the wave is going to completely engulf the entire house...except not in a destructive way. More like the front of the wave is going to crash down on top of the house and then all the water will recede without doing any damage. As the wave gets there, everything gets darker, and there's kind of a sense of foreboding, but I never feel scared at all. It's like the feeling you get when there's a massive thunderstorm happening, and you know it's this awesome and powerful Nature Thing(tm), but you also know that you're safe in your house and as long as you stay inside, it can't do anything to you.

Anyone out there who can tell me what it all means?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh. I had a witty reply, and it totally disappeared. Story of my life.

    ReplyDelete