Saturday, July 11, 2015

Really ready to be done with this bed....

So, I ordered a new bed 3 days ago, from a place in Daytona that custom-builds them and is supposed to be way better than buying them in a regular mattress store. They said construction would take a couple days, and then the shipping company would call me to set up a delivery time. I still haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to get annoyed--not because this is a completely unreasonable delay, but because every day it doesn't get here is one more day when I have to sleep on my old bed, which is killing my back. (I had been using an air mattress, but it sprung a leak, the patch didn't take, and it's now on the floor and has been chewed into oblivion by a bunny.)



The back pain itself isn't completely debilitating (i.e. to the point where I can barely walk), but it makes it hard to sit at the computer for any length of time. A lot of the problem is mental, in that I have an overriding feeling that there's something wrong with my body, and I can't function normally until that gets fixed. I basically spend most of my time sitting on the couch or lying in bed (because ironically, my back doesn't hurt when I'm actually lying down in the stupid bed that's hurting my back.)

I think the best way to describe how I feel is "out of sorts." I have a thing that needs to be fixed, and I can't do anything until it gets fixed; but I've already done everything I can do to fix it, and now I just have to wait, and it's very frustrating.

I seriously want to be done with feeling this way. Very damn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment