If any of this whole "making life plans around a girl who I've never actually met who lives 1000 miles away and who is not technically aware of my existence" thing makes me sound crazy, it's only because I'm totally crazy. But now I have evidence to prove it's not my fault!
I'm an INFP on the Myers-Briggs scale. (http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html for more details on INFP's). I found this yesterday on the internet machine, and I felt the need to share it here, because it describes me so well.
( from http://mbtipopculture.com/2015/03/27/the-infp-sex-dating-and-love/)
(Emphasis added by me)
The INFP struggles with initiating romantic relationships.
Before the INFP can act on their feelings, their minds swirl with every possible outcome—every situation, positive, negative neutral—being with that person could create. Their vivid imagination, something they so often rely on in their creative endeavors, is of little help when it comes to love. It often runs amok with scenarios that might never happen.. However, when they finally do decide, the prospect of being emotionally vulnerable—of sharing their rich inner world and being rejected by someone they care about—can be so daunting it leads to inaction. So they often sit and wait, dropping hints to the person they might be interested in, hoping for a signal or some sign from heaven to move ahead.
On the flip side, it can be especially exasperating for those pursuing an INFP, for they sometimes seem oblivious to romantic advances. While the INFP may be oblivious (or simply disinterested), this usually this is not the case. INFPs tend to be excellent at reading the emotions of others. But when it comes to romantic relationships, they are not the most adept at expressing themselves verbally. Unfortunately, there is no real way to know if they are or are not interested unless you ask them. Be aware that if you do ask them, prepare to wait for an answer. It does not always mean no, it just means you might have to be patient while they sort things out.
Yeah, that pretty much nailed it....
No comments:
Post a Comment