Monday, October 19, 2015

Let's do this thing....

So, I've been talking with this girl on OKCupid, and it seems to be going well enough. The last message I sent her, I talked about how I'm an introvert and I'm not great at the small talk and stuff. And she replied that maybe we should meet in person, and that would help. I replied sure, but I'm really busy this week, so let's maybe aim for something next week. What I secretly meant by that was, "The prospect of meeting you in person has made me suddenly think about how I've gained some weight since my last profile picture was taken, and a significant portion of my body is covered by hideously unattractive psoriasis; so I'm going to need a week to lose 200 pounds and find a psoriasis cure."

A week might be a little optimistic, but this has spurred me to something I've been wanting to try for a while now, and that's a juice fast. Ever since I watched the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I've been fascinated by the whole juice fast idea. The guy in that movie did it for 60 days, which is a bit much for me; but he lost a bunch of weight, and he had an autoimmune skin condition (not psoriasis, but probably semi-related) that totally cleared up. I'm committing myself to at least 5 days, and maybe up to 15, depending on how it goes. I'm hoping my psoriasis will at least start to get noticeably better; the juice fast may not last long enough to clear it completely. But assuming the psoriasis improves, I can start reintroducing different types of foods (dairy, wheat, etc.) and figure out what causes my body to have a reaction and get all inflamed.

Anyway, I have all sorts of momentum and energy behind me right now. Hopefully it won't go away overnight. I plan to wake up early tomorrow morning, go to Lucky's, and buy a whole mess o' fruits and vegetables, and start making juice. I'm posting this to announce my juice fast publicly and give myself some accountability. Which ideally I won't need, but then, this is me we're talking about... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment